We are happy to announce that we have accepted Anthem’s 9.4% renewal rate and will be transitioning to Anthem for all of our lines of coverage for Medical Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D and Voluntary Life effective July 1, 2017. Our new medical plan design eliminates the need to designate a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or the need for referrals.
We want to encourage you to continue to be an advocate of your health. Our lifestyle choices have the greatest correlation to our well-being. When we shop for healthy foods and seek out ways to increase our physical activity, we reduce our risks for a number of diseases including diabetes and heart disease. Even with these changes, by being better consumers and making healthier choices, our overall health and savings can only improve.
Open Enrollment Overview
The annual benefits open enrollment period is the single, annual opportunity employees have to make voluntary changes to their health insurance enrollment elections. If you participate in any of the health insurance plans, you must renew your enrollment at this time by completing the Enrollment Election Form. Elections made during open enrollment will become effective July 1, 2017. The premium deductions for your July 1st elections will begin on the June 15th pay date. The open-enrollment period ends Wednesday, May 24, 2017.
In order to assist employees (and families) representatives from Horan and Anthem will be on Central Campus, Room 203 Wednesday, May 17th from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Who is Eligible?
If you are a full-time employee, you are eligible to enroll in the benefits described in this guide. The following family members are eligible for medical, dental, and/or vision coverage:
- Family coverage includes coverage of the employee, the employee’s spouse, and all dependent children, under the age of twenty-six (26).
- Working spouses, who are eligible for health coverage through their employer, are required to enroll in their employer-sponsored health plan before enrolling in the College’s health plan. The College will provide secondary coverage for spouses who are covered by their employer’s plan.
- For an additional surcharge, optional coverage for qualifying children aged 26 to 28 will be available consistent with Ohio Law. Please contact the Human Resource Department for an Affidavit of Dependency for Ohio Group Coverage and to obtain the costs of coverage.
- NOTE: Each month, a tobacco surcharge of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) is added to the employee’s share of premium if the employee uses tobacco.
- Tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, chewing or pipe tobacco or any other tobacco product regardless of the frequency or method of use.
- A tobacco user can avoid the tobacco surcharge upon verification of completion of a tobacco cessation program. Contact the Human Resource Department for additional information.
Medical: Plan name, Lumenos Plan H.S.A. 9.0, The Lumenos plan eliminates the need to designate a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or the need for referrals.
Employee monthly medical premiums for the Anthem Lumenos plan:
- Single: $117.06 per month ($58.53 per pay)
- Family: $321.94 per month ($160.97 per pay)
Health Savings Account (H.S.A): Optum H.S.A. bank will remain the Health Savings Account (H.S.A.) provider. Although your H.S.A. card currently says UnitedHealthcare on the front of the card - do NOT discard it. Your account number and login information will remain the same. After July 1st Optum should reissue you a new H.S.A. card.
Dental: Plan name, Complete
- Anthem Dental Complete Benefits Summary
- Provider Search
- How your new dental plan handles dental work in progress
Important: Each employee will receive two dental identification (ID) cards. The employee’s (subscriber’s) name will appear on the ID cards. If a subscriber has a spouse or a child covered under the plan, the word “Dependent” will be printed on the ID card.
Vision: Plan name, Blue View Vision
Dental and Vision costs are covered by the College.
Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D:
The College covers the cost of the basic life insurance premium for each employee. You may purchase additional life insurance for yourself, spouse or dependent children. Please refer to the enclosed brochure, Your Optional Life Insurance Benefits, for additional information and costs.
If you choose an optional life benefit amount of more than $100,000, you will need to have a personal health statement approved by Anthem Life. Your optional life benefit amount will be limited to $100,000 if it’s not approved by Anthem Life.
Note: If under UnitedHealthcare you previously elected to have voluntary life insurance on yourself, spouse, or child you will be grandfathered by Anthem at the current amount without having to complete the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form.
The College’s obligation to make an H.S.A. or H.R.A. contribution each year is dependent upon the employee providing documentation of completion of the following activities to the Human Resource Department by May 30th each year:
|Annual Wellness Visit||$625||$1,250|
|Health Risk Assessment||$625||$1,250|
A representative from Horan and Anthem will be on campus next week to answer questions.
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Central Campus, Room 201 9:00AM – 11:00AM